Stylesheets can be linked here
What Is Sea Buckthorn?Sea buckthorn is a bright orange berry. People call it a superfruit because it’s so good for you! It has lots of Vitamin C, which is great for your health and skin.
Why Make A Salve With Sea Buckthorn?A salve is like a cream for your skin. This salve helps with dry skin, little cuts, and even sunburn. Sea buckthorn oil has natural healing powers. That’s why we use it in our salve!
Ingredients You’ll Need
|Sea Buckthorn Oil
|Vitamin E Oil
How To Make Your Sea Buckthorn Salve
- Melt Your Beeswax: Have an adult help you melt the beeswax. You can use a double boiler on the stove. Be careful, it’s hot!
- Add Coconut Oil: Once the beeswax is melted, mix in the coconut oil. Stir it well until they are both liquid.
- Put in Sea Buckthorn and Vitamin E: Now, add the sea buckthorn oil and vitamin E. These are like a super boost for the salve.
- Cool It Down: Take the mixture off the heat and let it cool. But don’t let it get too hard!
- Fill Your Containers: Pour the salve into small jars or tins. Don’t fill them all the way to the top. Leave a little space.
- Let It Set: Let your salve sit until it’s hard. This can take a few hours. No peeking!
How to Use Your SalveUsing your salve is easy! Just take a tiny bit and rub it on your skin. Use it where you feel dry or where you have a little scratch. Your skin will say thank you!
Fun Facts About Sea Buckthorn
- Not Just for Skin: People also eat sea buckthorn berries. They’re good in smoothies too!
- It’s Not From the Sea: The name is funny, but it grows in cold places. Not in the ocean!
- Used for Centuries: People have known about these berries for a long time. They are very special.